Thursday, April 21, 2011

Eighty-nine: patterns


Eighty-nine: patterns, originally uploaded by meganknight.

For as long as I can remember I have been fascinated by geometric patterns. I drew them constantly when I was a kid, and still doodle them all the time. My notebooks (which are square-ruled), are covered in doodles of geometric patterns.

I am fascinated by quilts and other evidence of patterns, such as this carpet, which lives in the living room. This is just the central motif - the carpet itself is about four times this size.

I also love the tiny amount of sky blue - it just lifts the whole thing up.

3 comments:

  1. I like that carpet. Is there more blue in it, or is it just in the center?

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is one little bit of blue on each side, but that's it. It's not fully spread out now - there's too much furniture in the way, so I can't really photograph the whole thing, unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous picture. As I said in my other post, I think the rug deserves a series, for it has so many subtleties and intricacies.

    ReplyDelete